No FOID card?
You do not need a FOID card to take any of our classes.
1st time shooters are welcome! We are there help you and teach you. You can succeed in our basic classes even if you have never shot before…
Take our IL CCL with no fear!
What makes CDG different?
Most Illinois Concealed Carry classes will have you shoot only 30 rounds… that’s it… with us, you will be shooting about 150 rounds. We also do different drills to help improve your skills as well as encourage you to enjoy your experience with us and have fun!
What does the IL CCL Course consist of?
The IL Concealed Carry Course consists of 16hrs training both in the classroom and on the range. Most classes are split into two 8hr days. Those of you that have had prior military service training or other concealed carry or NRA courses may not need the full 16hrs of training. You may be eligible for the 8hr or 12hr course. A FOID card is not required to take the class. If you have any inquiries on which class you require, please feel free to contact us or visit the IL State Police website at http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm.
IL CCL Course Info...
IL Concealed Carry
We run the 16hr course over 2 days (IL CCL I & II). The 12hr course starts on the morning of IL CCL I and you leave at noon & all of IL CCL II. The 8hr course is IL CCL II.
What does IL CCL I cover?
IL CCL I covers:
- Firearm Safety (2hrs classroom)
- Care and Cleaning of a firearm (3hrs classroom)
- Basic Marksmanship (3hrs classroom/range)
What does IL CCL II cover?
IL CCL II covers:
- State and Federal Laws (4hrs classroom)
- Weapon Handling (4hrs range)
What are the fee structures for CDG IL CCL Courses?
Fee structure for IL CCL courses are as follows:
- 16hr course – $275 (IL CCL I & II)
- 12hr course – $200 (IL CCL I AFTERNOON & II)
- 8hr course – $150 (IL CCL II ONLY)
Classroom portions of the course will be held in:
- Downers Grove
Range portion of our course will be held at:
- Our Private CDG Range in Joliet
- Article II Gun Range in Lombard
*See the schedule for dates and locations.
What should I bring?
The following items you should bring are:
- Your Concealed Carry Weapon
- Waist Holster
- NO across the waist holsters
- Inside or outside the waist band holsters are acceptable
- 2 Extra Magazines
- 2 speed loaders for those running a revolver
- Magazine Holster
- Not mandatory, but highly recommended
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Baseball Cap
- Garment That Can Conceal Your Weapon
- At Least 150 Rounds Of Ammo
- NO hollow points
*We sell most major calibers of ammo by the hundreds. It’s hard to get your hands on ammo these days, but we have plenty in stock and at lower rates. Contact us for more details.
*Electronic fingerprinting will also be done onsite for your convenience by a third party. If you would like to take advantage of this service they will take your payment of $55 via cash, check, or credit card at the time of service.
*You do not have to use this service, however, you will need fingerprinting done as part of the IL CCL application.
*Please bring ID if eligible for military, first responder or teacher discount.